MORE to BROWSE - Pages that might be of Interest

Monday 16 September 2019

When Heroes Die...


I am posting a revisit to this wonderful article 
by Kimberley Reeman published here on my blog 
a couple of weeks ago 
because my internet was down when it went live 
- which was extremely annoying.



Her article will be of interest to readers and writers alike:

 what do we, as writers, feel about killing our characters off?
what do we, as readers, feel?



the article is also a tribute to Douglas Reeman
aka Alexander Kent
lovers of nautical fiction greatly miss him and his novels.

So here's the link - do take a look!

2 comments:

  1. I think my original comment got lost in the ether! I did want to ask writers if there is a differece in killing off a factualcharacter whose story we know or despatching a fictional main character with whom we have shared many a dangerous adventure but alays won through? As a reader, I find the latter more shocking and am more likely to be affected by it than a person I know about ...

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thank you for such a sweet tutorial - all this time later, I've found it and love the end result. I appreciate the time you spent sharing your skills.
    wood tools

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - it should appear soon. If you are having problems, contact me on author AT helenhollick DOT net and I will post your comment for you. That said ...SPAMMERS or rudeness will be composted or turned into toads.

Helen