MORE to BROWSE - Pages that might be of Interest

Monday 13 July 2020

Shining Light On Our Ladies - Kitty and her author Pauline Barclay


A new series running for the next few weeks
where my guests are female writers 
talking about their female characters
(and yes, I'll be doing the chaps next!)


Today: 
Pauline Barclay 
and 
Kitty
 from

A wealthy widow, I am a strong, independent woman with my own successful florist business. I know my own mind and I see myself as confident. Little daunts me or stops me doing what I really want to, so when I met the charismatic, Bertie Costain, I was more than taken aback as he swept me off my feet. Something I could never have imagined. This kind of behaviour, I believed, was reserved for those in romantic novels, not me, but there I was, besotted by this dapper man ten years my junior. 

Before I could draw breath, he proposed, and caught me up in his charm, I gladly accepted. We were married shortly after, and I readily moved into Bertie’s fabulous home in a fashionable suburb of London. Life was extravagant and Bertie knew no bounds on showering me with expensive gifts. We most certainly lived life in the fast lane.

It was a life many would dream about and it seemed I had it all. 
Or did I?

Was everything perfect or was I wearing rose tinted spectacles? I had no time to ponder as my world, not only began to crumble, but teetered on the precipice of destruction. My new husband, it seemed, held a secret, a secret that not only made his lifestyle exotic and privileged, but was the same source that was about to destroy it.

It all happened so fast I could hardly think straight. It took all my strength and much more, yet a deep resilience slowly pushed me forward and with determination, I eventually found a way back.



Pauline’s links…
Twitter @paulinembarclay
Instagram @paulinebarclay


Full Guest List






2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having my lovely Kitty visit your fabulous Blog, she really needed to share her story. Thank you from both of us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - it should appear soon. If you are having problems, contact me on author AT helenhollick DOT net and I will post your comment for you. That said ...SPAMMERS or rudeness will be composted or turned into toads.

Helen