MORE to BROWSE - Pages that might be of Interest

Sunday 1 August 2021

Monday Mysteries with Pauline Barclay and her new book - a Mystery!

Mysteries, thrillers, crime novels, who-dun-its,
cosy mysteries
 ... real mysteries, historical mysteries...
it's all a mystery to me!





As always, a huge thank you Helen for having me back on your wonderful Blog to talk about my latest publication, Serendipity. [My pleasure, Pauline]

Lockdown and restriction have been tough for everyone. Mentally, people are exhausted and for some, life will never be the same again. I would be lying if I said I don’t have dark days. I enjoy running, I love photography and writing has always been one of my escapisms. At the end of last year, with lockdown imminent again, I decided to write a novella that would have a feel good factor. With the two main characters already developing in my head, I decided to write a cosy mystery. For several months I escaped with these two wonderful characters, Craig Gardner, ex-police detective inspector and nineteen year old Roo Chattaway. The three of us went on a journey to find answers! 

Whilst developing their characters it brought back memories of when my husband and I were members of an artistic roller-skating club. With these thoughts, I decided young Roo would be an artistic skater thereby adding a new dimension to her personality.

Serendipity is as much about the main characters as it is about them trying to find answers to questions. The little dog on the cover is not only the series logo, but he has a role in the story too. And of course, a cosy mystery wouldn’t be quite the same without a little romance.

Serendipity is a light read with a warm cosy feel that I hope will leave readers with a smile and, hopefully, wanting more. 

About Serendipity

A Gardner & Chattaway Cosy Mystery – Book 1

Craig Gardner, Private Investigator and his young assistant, Roo Chattaway, find themselves searching for answers to other people’s questions, but is everything what it seems?

Why has Mark Cooper not returned home? Is a prominent surgeon having an affair? Could there be a connection between shoes being stolen and the untying of a houseboat? And, how did a body, found by a dog walker, end up in Robinson Glen?

Serendipity, is the first in a new series of cosy, feel good, mystery novellas and is available in Kindle and paperback (from all good book shops).


You can also find Pauline on…



*** *** 

You might Also like

Books By Helen Hollick 

Website: https://helenhollick.net/

Amazon Author Page: https://viewauthor.at/HelenHollick 

A Mirror Murder
#1 in the Jan Christopher 
Cosy Mystery Series
set in a 1970s London library 

Liked Pirates Of The Caribbean?
then you'll love the Sea Witch Voyages!

A post-Roman warlord and the story
of King Arthur as it might have really happened
The boy who became a man
The Man who became a King
The King who became a legend
Book One of the Pendragon's Banner Trilogy
The Kingmaking (UK edition - US edition)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - it should appear soon. If you are having problems, contact me on author AT helenhollick DOT net and I will post your comment for you. That said ...SPAMMERS or rudeness will be composted or turned into toads.

Helen