MORE to BROWSE - Pages that might be of Interest

Saturday 7 January 2023

Book Spotlight: PAULINE BARCLAY


Shining a Spotlight on Good Books & Good Authors
for you to read & enjoy

#BookSpotlight
Welcome to my Blog!
Wander through wonderful worlds real and fictional,
meet interesting people, visit exciting places
and find a few good books to enjoy along the way!




a
A huge thank you to Helen for inviting me to do a spotlight on her famous Blog. 

I am Pauline Barclay, born in Yorkshire, UK, far too many moons ago. I have lived in many locations both within and outside the UK. 


My passion is to write about events that happen in life and change everything for those involved as well as those caught up in the maelstrom. I want my characters to sit at your side, steal your attention and sweep you up in their story. Stories that will bring tears to your eyes, have you laughing out loud and sometimes, what they share with you, will stay in your heart for a very long time.

I have nine published novels; two cosy mysteries, I am busy writing number three! Also two humorous and heartwarming reads. In fact, these two books are about a very bubbly lady, Doreen Wilkinson who won the lottery. It all sounds like a dream come true and whilst Doreen encountered difficulties beyond her imagination, she handled everything with a giggle and never lost her crazy personality. As well as these four books there are five emotional reads; reads that will make you laugh and at the same time have you reaching for your tissue. www.paulinebarclay.co.uk

When not writing I try to fit in many things. Back in October, I ran the Norwich 10km. The weather was wild and very wet. It hammered down throughout the course and I could not have been wetter had I fallen in the river Wensum. Despite the weather it was a great run and even more as thanks too many wonderful people, I raised over £360 for a local charity. And would I do it again… yes!

I am also the founder of Chill Awards for independent authors. I set this Award Programme up over six years ago. The idea then, and still is today, is to help shine a light on great books from indie authors. www.chillwithabook.com

Last year I started doing podcasts – Celebrating Success and I love it. I’ve had a wonderful mix of guests coming along talking about their success. So far there has been authors, a ball room dancer, a double ironman, an island to island swimmer, a property director and much more.  https://paulinebarclay.podbean.com

In between everything above, I love to cook, knit, read, walk our dog, run, take my camera out and photograph wildlife and anything that takes my eye. I just love to keep busy. Phew! I think that about sums me up! I won’t set the world on fire, but I’ll have a dam good try! *laugh*

Thank you so much for reading this and once again a HUGE thank you to one of the kindest people on the planet, Helen Hollick.

You can catch up with me on all social media platforms and through my web site. I hope you will. Until we meet again, ta ta for now!







*** *** 

You might also like ... books written by Helen Hollick 

Join My Monthly Newsletter: http://tinyletter.com/HelenHollick

Amazon Author Page: https://viewauthor.at/HelenHollick 

Website: https://helenhollick.net/

The Jan Christopher Cosy Mysteries
set in the 1970s

Book 3 released 18th January
~~ ~ ~ ~ 

The SEA WITCH VOYAGES
nautical adventures set during the Golden Age of Piracy

If you liked Pirates Of The Caribbean?
then you'll love the Sea Witch Voyages!
Amazon:
 https://viewbook.at/SeaWitch

* * * 
NON-FICTION

Plus many more...
fiction, non-fiction

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment - it should appear soon. If you are having problems, contact me on author AT helenhollick DOT net and I will post your comment for you. That said ...SPAMMERS or rudeness will be composted or turned into toads.

Helen