MORE to BROWSE - Pages that might be of Interest

Tuesday 27 April 2021

Attracting Aliens? (or ordinary visitors and authors will do!)



Are blogs defunct? Do people bother writing them now? Do people bother reading them? I have no idea of an answer to either question! But I'm going to be optimistic and say YES.

I found myself somewhat in the Doldrums during the last few weeks (months) of lockdown. Now, I'm not going to moan, whinge or complain about the fact that many indie authors (including myself) are struggling to sell even a few books a month. (Despite the fact that book sales were supposedly increasing during lockdown.) (They might be, but I've not seen much evidence of it!) 

So, being positive, apparently, to attract readers/visitors/aliens to a a Facebook page you need to post something of interest every day. Well, I already do this, sort of, but I figured if I was to do something of slightly more interest here on my blog, and then share it with Facebook and Twitter,  maybe one or two peeps with nothing better to do will think 'Oh, that looks good!' and end up enjoying visiting here on a regular basis!
 (And from there, buy a book or two.) (Hint)

Expanding from that, I intend to have a daily 'theme'...

Visit a Monday Mystery!

Mysteries, thrillers, crime novels,
who-dun-its,
cosy mysteries
 ... real mysteries, historical mysteries...
it's all a mystery to me!

Guests writing about...
whatever they want!

visit a recent Wednesday Wandering

visiting around and about,
wandering here and there...

Visit a recent Thursday Thought

a post by me thinking about things
... or more probably
just some random ramblings...

visit a recent Friday Furry

Let's talk about ...
cats, dogs, horses, bunnies,
hamsters...
or  anything with fur!
(or feathers, not sure about scales though)


Visit a recent Saturday Silly

Silly things to  (hopefully)
make you laugh,

well at least chuckle ...
smile slightly?

So why not join me as a reader, a visitor ...
or if you are an author, 
contact me about writing a guest post.

email me for how to submit an article
for information

authors / hopeful authors only
(other commercial enterprises will be ignored, sorry)



What's next on this blog
go to 
FRONT PAGE
to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - it should appear soon. If you are having problems, contact me on author AT helenhollick DOT net and I will post your comment for you. That said ...SPAMMERS or rudeness will be composted or turned into toads.

Helen