MORE to BROWSE - Pages that might be of Interest

Friday 28 May 2021

SATURDAY SILLIES: TEARS OF... a poem by Loretta Livingstone


Silly things to  (hopefully) make you laugh,
well at least chuckle ...
smile slightly?




What you see is 

what you get 

here on Saturdays... 







Today... nothing silly at all about Loretta's wonderful poems - but this one should make you smile!

Tears of…
by
Loretta Livingstone


As I stand there, pain in my heart,
a single drop of rain,
just one drop,
lands, soft as a tear,
upon my upturned face.

The sky is blue
and clear.
No clouds,
no rain,
but just this lonely drop
sliding down my cheek.

I raise a finger to touch it,
knowing it will be
bright as a diamond.
I feel it,
moist on my finger,
and lift it to my eyes.

Oh!
         Dratted pigeon.


© Loretta Livingstone




Connect with Loretta



< Previous post

come back next Saturday for another dreadful joke 

or silly cartoon (or maybe another nice poem!)

 to chuckle over!

Or why not pop by on Monday
for my mystery slot?

3 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks for sharing my poem, Helen. I hope it gives readers a little chuckle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Loretta, even although it was flagged as a 'silly' I still wasn't ready for the finale - definitely a chuckle! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment - it should appear soon. If you are having problems, contact me on author AT helenhollick DOT net and I will post your comment for you. That said ...SPAMMERS or rudeness will be composted or turned into toads.

Helen